On Saturday, June 4, 2016, Rainbow Kitchen Community Services & UPMC Health Plan will host the 12th annual W.A.R. (Walk And Ride) Against Hunger. The W.A.R. Against Hunger, which is Rainbow Kitchen’s major annual fundraising event, is a walk/bicycle ride along the Great Allegheny Passage Trail beginning at the Waterfront in Homestead. A Health & Wellness Expo held during the event will offer free health screenings and information about healthy lifestyle choices and practices. Please support Rainbow Kitchen’s efforts to help our neighbors in need … and join us in the W.A.R. Against Hunger!
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE W.A.R. AGAINST HUNGER:
- Register to participate in the event, and collect pledge contributions (see below for registration and pledge contribution information)
- Make a donation or pledge contribution: Click on the DONATE tab above to make a secure donation via PayPal (please note W.A.R. Against Hunger in the “purpose” field to designate your contribution) or for other donation options.
- Purchase an ad or line of greeting in our event program book W.A.R. Against Hunger Event Book Order Form
- Print these Dick’s Sporting Goods Coupons and use them to save on apparel, athletic footwear, Gatorade, and GU products, now through June 30
- Sponsorship opportunities are also available, starting as low as $500 for a Mile Marker Sponsorship. Please call Donna Little at 412-464-1892 for information on sponsorship levels and benefits.
An Early-Bird Registration fee of $10 for adults and $5 for youth & students is available through May 16, 2016. After May 16, the registration fee is $15 for adults and $10 for youth (age 18 and under) and students. Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Online registration W.A.R. Against Hunger Online Registration
- Mail-in registration W.A.R. Against Hunger Registration Form
- You can also register in person on the day of the event
Registration/Health & Wellness Expo Begin 9:00 am
Welcome/Yoga Stretch/Walk And Ride Begins 10:00 am
Prize Drawing 12:30 pm
The event will commence in The Pump House parking lot located at the Waterfront in Homestead, and will utilize the Great Allegheny Passage trail, which can be taken to multiple destinations including Duquesne and McKeesport. A rest station with food and refreshments will be available along the trail.
PLEDGES & PRIZES
Participants are encouraged to raise pledge contributions in support of Rainbow Kitchen’s mission. All pledge contributions collected are due upon registration on the day of the event. All participants will receive a free W.A.R. Against Hunger t-shirt and one ticket for the prize drawing. Additional tickets will be awarded based on the total amount of pledge money turned in at, or in advance of, event registration (one additional prize drawing ticket for each $25 in pledge contributions received). Additional prize tickets may also be purchased at the event.
Prizes typically include hotel getaways, Pittsburgh sports teams memorabilia, tickets to local entertainment and sports events, gift baskets, gift certificates for restaurants, goods, and services … and more! You will receive a form for recording your pledge contributions along with your registration acknowledgment. Or download the W.A.R. Against Hunger Pledge Contribution Form
For more information about the W.A.R. Against Hunger, please call Rainbow Kitchen Community Services at 412-464-1892. We hope to see you on June 4th!